HIKED_LIST

Monday, November 28, 2011

Seoul Restaurant guide_Wolfhound, Irish Pub


Restaurant Review - The Wolfhound



It was one of those days that called for a glass of cool beer.

After a bit of pondering, I decided on The Wolfhound.

It is located on the right in the Johnny Dumpling alleyway






The establishment is on the 2nd and 3rd floors.

The ambience is exotic, filled with free-spirited drinkers.



The dart games in most pubs are electronic, but the one here is very old-school, adding to the ambience.



On one side is the bar.


The liquor is served here, and the food is made one floor below. 






I ordered two glasses of Cass draft beer, a Green Salad, Wedged Potatoes, and a Beef Burger.




A basket of various sauces.



 The Korean Draft Beer was quite good - fresh and not flat.



This is the Beef Burger that exceeded my expectations.

The scent of charcoal wafts from the thick hamburger patty.


 No frills, just a chunk of great tasting meat.

 The Wedged Potatoes are served generously.




It is cooked carefully; not too crisp, not too soft.




Two Thumbs up.



As I cut the thick patty with a knife, the juicy meat releases the pleasant aroma of charcoal and cooked meat.




The meat is not overly minced, giving it more texture.




The wedges were so hot that I nearly burned my finger.



The garlic mayonnaise dip was excellent.


The strong, garlicky smell makes my mouth water.



The insides are plump with soft potato.




I applaud the simple burger with few toppings, a plain and thin bun garnished with lettuce and tomato, perfected with a large hunk of well-cooked patty topped with cheese.


 The patty is what makes the burger special.

Very satisfactory for a meat lover like myself.



What a great meal.

I loved the no-frills burger with the well cooked, juicy meat. Yum!



We added to our order a Miller Draft and a San Miguel Draft.

There a wide array of draft beer, and I give extra points to the free and exotic atmosphere.

Most of all, I give my biggest props to the burger. I have been to many burger places, and this one goes on my top list.

The key is that this burger focused on getting the basics right, instead of adding mountains of ingredients.

I absolutely loved it.




No comments:

Post a Comment